Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519, A treatise of painting , 1721
- A treatise of painting / by Leonardo da Vinci ; translated from the original Italian ... ; to which is prefix'd, the author's life ... from the last edition of the French.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Trattato della pittura. English
- London : Printed for J. Senex ... and W. Taylor ..., 1721.
- Physical Description:
- , 189,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 L6 1721Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes index.
Translation of 'Trattato della pittura.'
BAC: Includes head- and tail- pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Collier, Wm. -- Pres. inscription from Dr. Littleton, March 11, 1731.Dampier, E. -- Autograph, Jan. 29, 1783.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1721.Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519.Littleton, Dr. -- Pres. to Wm. Collier, March 11, 1731.Painting -- Early works to 1800.Senex, J. -- Publisher.Taylor, W. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.