The world turned upside down : in twenty-eight plates / from the designs of Giuseppe Salviati ; engraved by F.C. Lewis.
- London : Published by John & Arthur Arch, Cornhill; R. Triphook, Old Bond Street; and F.C. Lewis, 9, Southampton Row, Paddington, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- , 28 leaves : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6109.97 .W67 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "From the elegant designs of Giuseppe Salviati, in the collection of the late A. Champernowne, Esq. under whose direction and patronage they were engraved, by F.C. Lewis. As facsimiles of the drawings, these etchings may be considered worthy of the virtuoso's collection. The verses explainng each subject will serve for the information and amusement of children, and the subjects as essays for their pencil. A set of the plates are printed on india paper, in a superior manner; with explanatory verses. Price 15s"--Cover.
Printed by B. Watts, Crown Court, Temple-Bar.
"Price 7s" at head of paper wrapper.
Leaf  bears a list of subscribers.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Arch, Arthur -- Publisher.Arch, John -- Publisher.Chapbooks, English.Children's poetry.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.Lewis, Frederick Christian, 1799-1856 -- Publisher.Triphook, R. -- Publisher.Watts, B. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.