Life in the country, or, Eccentricities and oddities exhibiting real and original scenes of rural life / by an old sportsman.
- Additional Title(s):
Life in the country
Eccentricities and oddities exhibiting real and original scenes of rural life
- London : Printed for J. Johnston, 98, Cheapside; and A.M. Graham, College Green, Dublin, [1825?]
- Physical Description:
- 48 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3471.G7 O43 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
With hand-colored aquatints bound in before text.
"Entirely unknown part publication, no more parts seem to have been published."--Cf. Abbey.
Date of publication from Abbey.
At head of title: An entirely new work, dedicated to the King. No. 1. (To be completed in eight monthly numbers, embellished with plates by the first artists, highly coloured) Price 2s.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 309
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original wrappers. Verso of back wrapper: advertisements for "Raising the wind", G.G. Carey's "New experiments", "The Dublin mall."
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- Great Britain.Graham, A. M. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Johnson, J. -- Publisher.Satire, English.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [1825?]
YCBA Collections Search
Old sportsman, Life in the country, or, Eccentricities and oddities exhibiting real and original scenes of rural life , [1825?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.