The gentleman and farmer's architect : a new work, containing a great variety of useful and genteel designs : being correct plans and elevations of parsonage and farm houses, lodges for parks, pinery, peach, hot and green houses, with the fire-wall, tan-pit, &c. particularly described : dutch, and other barns, cow-houses, stables, sheep-cots, huts, facades : with all offices appertaining to a well regulated farm : their situations rendered convenient, and aspects agreeable : with scales and tables of reference, describing the several parts, with their just dimensions and use / designed and drawn by T. Lightoler, Architect ; and well engraved on twenty-five folio copper plates.
- London : Printed for Robert Sayer, Map and Printseller, at No. 53, in Fleet-Street, 1774.
- Physical Description:
- 25 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2260 .F87 1774+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T90196
Harris, E. British architectural writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge, 1990, 517
BAC: British Art Center copy in original blue-grey wrappers. Label mounted on front cover: Minster Acres Library. Inscription on front cover: Benwell House.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Benwell House -- Provenance.Chron. -- 1774.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1774.Farm buildings.Farmhouses.Minster Acres Library -- Provenance.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Lightoler, T. (Timothy), 18th cent, The gentleman and farmer's architect , 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.