Lillywhite's illustrated hand-book of cricket : containing portraits of Pilch, Box, A. Mynn, Esq. C. Taylor, Esq. Lillywhite, Cobbett, G. H. Langdon, Esq. R. Kynaston, Esq. : also, the laws of cricket and other useful information / edited by a Cantab.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrated hand-book of cricket
Lillywhite's hand book of cricket
Hand book of cricket
- London : Ackermann & Co., Strand; 
Brighton : W. H. Mason, Repository of Arts, 
- Physical Description:
- 22,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., ports. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV917 .L55 1844Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Lillywhite's hand book of cricket.
Mixed method engravings by Charles Hunt after cricketer portraits by Charles Jones Basebé.
Publication date transposed from head of title.
"Price, with portrait of Lillywhite, 1s. With portraits of four players, 2s. With portraits of four gentlemen, and four players, neatly bound in cloth, 3s 6d."--Title page, preceding imprint.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 304
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- stamped green publisher's binding. Inscribed: H.G. Storaze.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Publisher.Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Cricket players -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Portraits.Cricket.Games -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1844.Sports -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Storaze, H. G. -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Lillywhite, William, 1792-1854, Lillywhite's illustrated hand-book of cricket ,