Island of Mauritius.
- [Great Britain?] : [Publisher not identified], [1814?].
- Physical Description:
-  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 28Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from page .
Publishing date from Abbey. Printed on page : "Port Louis, January 2nd, 1811."
Plates engraved by T. Sutherland, after George Topp Lindsay.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 294
BAC Folio A 2022 28: The Abbey copy. Plates are hand-colored. In contemporary brown wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Mauritius -- Pictorial works.Port Louis (Mauritius) -- Pictorial works.
- Plate . View of Port Louis, in the island of Mauritius ...
- Plate . View of the embarkation of the Earl of Moira, on board the Sterling Caste of Cooper's Island, Port Louis, under a salute from the battery, Augt. 20th 1813 ...
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.