Liston's characters , 1826
- Liston's characters : six coloured engravings.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26 Haymarket, 1826.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1329.3.A38 L57 1826+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Six aquatint portraits depicting John Liston in his various roles on the stage.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers.
- Mr. Liston in the character of Grojan in Quite correct -- Mr. Liston in the character of Paul Pry -- Mr. Liston in the character of Dominie Sampson in Guy Mannering -- Mr. Liston in the character of Baillie Nicol Jarvie in Rob Roy -- Mr. Liston in the character of Maw-worm in The hypocrite -- Mr. Liston in the character of Lubin Log in Love, law & physic.
- Subject Terms:
- Acting -- Great Britain.Actors -- Great Britain -- Portraits.Caricatures and cartoons.English wit and humor.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Liston, John, 1776-1846.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Theater -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.