Views in Spain / by Edward Hawke Locker, Esqr. F.R.S.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP38 .L63 1824+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP38 .L63 1824+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by James Duffield Harding, William Westall, and Charles Joseph Hullmandel; after Edward Hawke Locker.
"Plate imprints are divided between Rodwell and Martin, and John Murray, while the title-page imprint is that of John Murray. The circumstances of publication appear to be that the book was begun by Rodwell and Martin on 1 May 1823, the earliest imprint date on the plates, and was taken over by Murray between 15 September and 1 November 1823 ..."-Cf. Abbey.
Title page is lithographed; a lithographed vignette is affixed.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 147
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled green morocco, with gilt edges. The lithographs are printed on India paper and mounted. Bookplates of Honora Legge. Copy 2 bound in contemporary maroon cloth. Armorial bookplate: Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Legge, Honora -- Bookplate.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1824.Murray, John -- Publisher.Northwick, Baron -- Bookplate.Rodwell and Martin -- Publisher.Spain -- Description and travel.Spain -- Pictorial works.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.