- [London?] : [publisher not identified], [1880?]
- Physical Description:
- 20 pictures on 2 joined sheets : chromolithograph ; sheets end-to-end 13 x 76 cm, accordion folded to 13 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .L65 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from cover.
Date of publication from Abbey.
20 London views an an accordion-folded strip, printed two per panel.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 622
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original violet paper wrappers. Title printed within ornamental border.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- England -- London.
- Chromolithographs -- 1880.
Panoramas -- England -- London.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- London from the Thames
- Royal Exchange
- Westminster Bridge and St. Thomas's hospital
- Holborn viaduct
- London Bridge with traffic
- British Museum
- Tower of London
- Mansion House
- Duke of Wellington Statue
- Trafalgar Square
- Albert Memorial
- Cleopatra's Needle
- Albert Hall
- Covent Garden
- Leicester Square
- St. Bartholomew
- Crystal Palace
- Houses of Parliament
- Guild Hall
- St. Pauls Cathedral.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.