London illustrated , 
- London illustrated : in a series of twenty-one views : with a description of each plate.
- London : C. Taylor, Holborn, 
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 L66 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Most of the plates originally appeared in the Temple of taste, 1795-6, published in parts. Plates also appeared in Public edifices of the British metropolis. London: C. Taylor, 1825. Cf. Adams.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 135
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original pink wrappers. At top of cover: Imperial 8vo. Price 10s. 6d.
- Front of St. Paul's, London -- Side view of St. Paul's, London -- Inside of St. Paul's Cathedral -- Henry VII's Chapel, in Westminster Abbey -- West front of Westminster Abbey -- Inside of Westminster Abbey -- Inside of St. Stephen's, Walbrook -- St. George's Church, Hanover Square -- East front of St. Paul's, Covent Garden -- West front of St. Martin's Church -- The Queen's palace -- Parade front of the Horse-Guards -- Carlton House -- The Banqueting-house, Whitehall -- Front of the Royal Academy, Strand -- Front of the Pantheon, Oxford Street -- The Bank of England -- The Royal Exchange -- Black-Fryers Bridge -- View of Westminster Bridge --The Monument.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Public buildings -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Taylor, C. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.