London : oder Beschreibung der merkurïrdigsten gebäude, denkmäler und anstaften der hauptstadt grossbritanniens.
- Leipzig : in der Baumgärtnerschen Buchhandlung, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 44 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA677 .B47 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Anonymous; by Johann Adam Bergk.
Plates copied from Ackermann's Microcosm of London, with original illustrations by Augustus Pugin and Thomas Rowlandson. Re-engraved. A few plates carry Pugin's signature but no mention is made of Rowlandson.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 215
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1812.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.