Notes by Mr. Ruskin on his collection of drawings by the late J.M.W. Turner, R.A., exhibited at the Fine arts society's galleries; also a list of the engraved works of that master shown at the same time. Illustrated with thirty-five plates, and a map indicative of the places in the British Isles illustrated by him.
- London, Printed at the Chiswich press, for the Fine art society, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.l., 188 p., 1 l., double map, front., plates, 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 T85 R87 1878 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Wise, T.J. Ruskin, I, 231
650 copies printed.
"The illustrated edition of Mr. Ruskin's Notes on his Turner drawings is a verbatim reprint of the 10th thousand, with the addition of the Appendix to the 2d ed. of the Notes"--cf. Wise.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Exhibitions.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, Notes by Mr. Ruskin on his collection of drawings by the late J.M.W. Turner, R.A.,, 1878