Picturesque tour through the Oberland in the canton of Berne, in Switzerland : illustrated by seventeen coloured engravings, and a map shewing the principal mountains and glaciers.
- Additional Title(s):
Voyage pittoresque de l'Oberland bernois. English
- London : Published at R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, 101, Strand, MDCCCXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 120 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ407.6 M66 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translation of Voyage pittoresque de l'Oberland bernois, attributed to César Henri Monvert.
Illustrations by Gabriel Lory. Reprinted from the Repository of arts, Series 2, vol. XI-XIII, pts. 61-75. Cf. Abbey.
"London: Printed by William Clowes, Northumberland Court."--T.p. verso.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 57
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter roan.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Bern (Switzerland : Canton) -- Description and travel.Bernese Alps (Switzerland) -- Description and travel.Clowes, William -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Monvert, César Henri, 1784-1848, Picturesque tour through the Oberland in the canton of Berne, in Switzerland , MDCCCXXIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.