Hints on the formation of gardens and pleasure grounds : with designs, in various styles of rural embellishment : comprising plans for laying out flower, fruit, and kitchen gardens, and the arrangement of glass-houses, hot walls, and stoves : interspersed with remarks on various subjects of horticultural improvement : to which is added, a priced catalogue of fruit and forest trees, shrubs, and plants : adapted to villa grounds, from one perch to a hundred acres in extent.
- Additional Title(s):
Hints on pleasure grounds
- London : Printed for Gale, Curtis, and Fenner, Paternoster Row ..., 1813.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 70,  p., 20 folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB461 .L68 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Harding and Wright, printers, 38 St. John's Square, London."--P. .
"Books on gardening, planting, and rural affairs, printed for John Harding, 36, St. James's Street, London."--P. -.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half-red calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Speicmens -- 1813.Formal gardens -- Design -- Great Britain.Gale, Curtis, and Fenner -- Publisher.Gardening -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Gardens -- Design -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Landscape architecture.Landscape gardening.
YCBA Collections Search
Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843, Hints on the formation of gardens and pleasure grounds , 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.