IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Designs for shop-fronts and door-cases, [not before 1834?]
Designs for shop-fronts and door-cases.
- London : Printed for E. Lumley, Chancery Lane, [not before 1834?]
- Physical Description:
- 27 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA6225 .D47 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Note on plates: Printed for I. & J. Taylor, no. 56, High Holborn.
Earlier edition published by I. & J. Taylor at the Architectural Library between 1790-1794.
The British Architectural Library suggests that the date of publication for the reissue by Edward Lumley was after 1834.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840 p. 483
BAC: In original textured green wrappers. Title printed in gold on blue label mounted on cover: Designs for shop fronts and door cases. 27 plates. Fifteen shilllings.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Great Britain.Doorways.Engraving -- Specimens -- [not before 1834?]Lumley, E. -- PublisherStorefronts -- Great Britain.Taylor, I. -- Printer.Taylor, J. (Josiah) -- Printer
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.