Luntley, John, b. 1820, Air-navigation, by means of the rotary balloon , 1851
Air-navigation, by means of the rotary balloon / by John Luntley ; provisionally registered, April 26th, 1851.
- London : Houlston & Stoneman, Paternoster Row, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 20 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTL654.L8 A4 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Errata slip tipped in following p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy contains ALS dated 13 Sept. 1894 from the author to Major B. Baden Powell tipped in at beginning of volume. Article from the "Morning Leader" 17/9/1894 printed on pink paper pasted to verso of ALS. Ms inscription on inside of upper board: From the aeronautical collection of Major B. Baden Powell. Stamped in black ink on verso of front cover: Morrell Binder. London. Original blue paper wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Aeronautics -- Great Britain.Airships -- Great Britain.Baden Powell, B. Major -- ALS from John Luntley, 13 Sept 1894.Balloons -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Houlston & Stoneman -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1851.Luntley, John, b. 1820 -- ALS to Major B. Baden Powell, 13 Sept. 1894.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.