Sketches of character & costume in Constantinople, Ionian Islands, &c. / from the original drawings made on the spot by Captn. Forbes Mac Bean, 92nd Highlanders ; lithographed by J. Sutcliffe.
- Additional Title(s):
Sketches of character and costume in Constantinople
- London : Published by Thos. McLean, 26 Haymarket, March 10th, 1854.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, , 25 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 54 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 51Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Printed in Colours at 70 St. Martin's Lane."--Foot of plates.
Originally published in five parts.
Title page is lithographed.
BAC Folio A 2022 51: Plates are hand-colored. In original five parts, loose in grey wrappers with printed title page on fronts.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Turkey -- Istanbul.Istanbul (Turkey) -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
MacBean, Forbes, Sketches of character & costume in Constantinople, Ionian Islands, &c. , March 10th, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.