Defensive instructions for the people : containing the new and improved combination of arms, called foot lancers : miscellaneous instructions on the subject of small arms and ammunition, street and house fighting, and field fortification / by Francis Macerone, late aid-de-camp to Joachim, King of Naples (Murat), &c &c. &c.
- London : Printed and published by J. Smith, 1, Bouverie Street, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 8, 72 p., 5 folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU162 .M33 1832 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsU162 .M33 1832 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: Colonel Macerone's Defensive instructions for the people. Price five shillings.
Preface dated 1832.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 367
BAC: British Art Center has two copies in original paper covered boards. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Copy 2 includes added folded uncolored engraving of ground plans for several fortifications tipped inside back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Defensive (Military science) -- Great Britain.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- Lancers -- Great Britain.Military art and science -- Great Britain.Military maneuvers -- Great Britain.Offensive (Military science) -- Great Britain.Smith, J. -- Publisher
YCBA Collections Search
Maceroni, Francis, 1788-1846, Defensive instructions for the people , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.