Maceroni, Francis, 1788-1846, Defensive instructions for the people , 
- Defensive instructions for the people : containing the new and improved combination of arms, called foot lancers : miscellaneous instructions on the subject of small arms and ammunition, street and house fighting, and field fortification / by Francis Macerone, late aid-de-camp to Joachim, King of Naples (Murat), &c &c. &c.
- London : Printed and published by J. Smith, 1, Bouverie Street, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 8, 72 p., 5 folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU162 .M33 1832 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsU162 .M33 1832 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: Colonel Macerone's Defensive instructions for the people. Price five shillings.
Preface dated 1832.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 367
BAC: British Art Center has two copies in original paper covered boards. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Copy 2 includes added folded uncolored engraving of ground plans for several fortifications tipped inside back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Defensive (Military science) -- Great Britain.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- Lancers -- Great Britain.Military art and science -- Great Britain.Military maneuvers -- Great Britain.Offensive (Military science) -- Great Britain.Smith, J. -- Publisher
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.