Leith, Samuel, active 1830-1856, Edinburgh and the surrounding country as seen from the Calton Hill, 
- Edinburgh and the surrounding country as seen from the Calton Hill [graphic] : 356 feet above the sea level : the names of the principal churches, monuments, offices &c are marked directly underneath the hills with their heights above the sea level and their distances from Edinr., towns &c. and their distances, &c.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Panoramic view of Edinburgh
- [Edinburgh] : Published at W. Macgill's 7, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 6 joined sheets : hand colored lithographs ; sheets end-to-end 29 x 228 cm, rolled to 29 x 5 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title, gilt-stamped on publisher's original leather covered tube: Panoramic view of Edinburgh.
Title from foot of panorama.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Lithography by S. Leith's Lithography, Edinburgh.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 549
Hyde, R. Gilded scenes and shining prospects, 95
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. With publisher's original gilt-stamped leather-covered tube. Paper on linen, edges trimmed with narrow strips of green silk.
- Subject Terms:
- Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Macgill, W. -- Publisher.Scotland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
Panoramas -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
Views -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.