IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Logan, James, 1794?-1872, The clans of the Scottish Highlands , 1845-1847
The clans of the Scottish Highlands : illustrated by appropriate figures, displaying their dress, tartans, arms, armorial insignia, and social occupations, from original sketches ... / with accompanying description and historical memoranda of character, mode of life, &c., &c., by James Logan ...
- London : Ackermann, 1845-1847.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 66Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Originally published in 24 parts, with three clans described in each part.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 1892
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 426
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Comprises the 24 original parts, in publisher's illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann -- Publisher.Clans -- Scotland -- Highlands.Clans -- Scotland -- History.Clothing and dress -- Highlands of Scotland.Ethnic costume -- Scotland.Highlands (Scotland) -- Social life and customs.Tartans -- Scotland -- Highlands.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845-1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.