Logan, James, 1794?-1872, The clans of the Scottish Highlands , 1845-1847
- The clans of the Scottish Highlands : illustrated by appropriate figures, displaying their dress, tartans, arms, armorial insignia, and social occupations, from original sketches ... / with accompanying description and historical memoranda of character, mode of life, &c., &c., by James Logan ...
- London : Ackermann, 1845-1847.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 66Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally published in 24 parts, with three clans described in each part.
Abbey, J. R. Life, 426
Colas, R. Costume, 1892
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Comprises the 24 original parts, in publisher's illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann -- Publisher.Clans -- Scotland -- Highlands.Clans -- Scotland -- History.Clothing and dress -- Highlands of Scotland.Ethnic costume -- Scotland.Highlands (Scotland) -- Social life and customs.Tartans -- Scotland -- Highlands.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845-1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.