The magazine of the beau monde, or, Monthly journal of fashion, 1831-1843
The magazine of the beau monde, or, Monthly journal of fashion.
- Additional Title(s):
Monthly journal of fashion
- London : Published by I.T. Payne, 1831-1843.
- Physical Description:
- 13 v. : illustrations ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT737 .M34+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- From [May 1839] with title: The beau monde, or, Monthly journal of fashion.
Engravings by James Thomson and William John Alais.
Continued by: Le nouveau beau monde; or Magazine of fashion (1844-1846)
British Union catalogue of periodicals, p. 120
BAC: British Art Center copy comprises vol. 1 only (1831). Bound in 3 volumes, in red half roan and marbled boards. Bookplate: De la bibliothèque Louis Becker, Paris.
- Subject Terms:
- Becker, Louis -- Bookplate.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Costume -- England -- London -- Periodicals.Dresses -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Fashion -- England -- London -- Periodicals.Fashion -- Periodicals.Fashion -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Payne, I. T. -- Publisher.Women's clothing -- Periodicals.Women's hats -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Fashion plates.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1831-1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.