Henniker-Major, John, Baron, 1752-1821, Two letters on the origin, antiquity, and history of Norman Tiles, stained with armorial bearings, 1794
- Two letters on the origin, antiquity, and history of Norman Tiles, stained with armorial bearings.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Norman tiles.
- London : J. Bell, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 114 p.,  leaves of plates : coats of arms ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR1801 H4 1794Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Letters to George, earl of Leicester, president of the Society of Antiquaries, read to the society of Feb. 7, 1788 and June 5, 1784, respectively.
Dedication signed: John Henniker-Major.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, John -- Publisher.Heraldry -- Early works to 1800.Heraldry -- France -- Normandy.
- Aquatints -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.