IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Malcolm, James Peller, 1767-1815, An historical sketch of the art of caricaturing , 1813
An historical sketch of the art of caricaturing / with graphic illustrations by J. P. Malcolm.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster-Row, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 158,  p., XXXI leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1325 .M35 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printed by Nichols, Sons, and Bentley, Red Lion Passage, Fleet St., London.
Illustrations by and after James Peller Malcolm.
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: Original boards.
BAC: Ms inscription on front fly-leaf: "Don't leave this book any more in my room as it belongs to you C. E. Kempe signed C. Britwell".
- Subject Terms:
- Britwell, C. -- AutographCaricature -- Great Britain.Caricature -- History.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1813.Kempe, C. E. -- ProvenanceLongman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown -- Publisher.Nichols, Sons, and Bentley -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.