Romantic views representing the 4 hours of the day.
- Additional Title(s):
Romantic views representing the four hours of the day
- London : Published ... by R. Ackermann, no. 96 Strand, Jany. 1st, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- 4 leaves : aquatints ; 34 x 43 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 18Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from printed label on front cover.
Imprint from foot of each aquatint. Imprint on cover label lacks date: "Pubd. by R. Ackermann, 96 Strand."
BAC: British Art Center copy in original blue paper wrappers, with publisher's printed title label on front cover.
The four prints depict Romantic ruins in rural settings, with figures and livestock.
- Subject Terms:
- Romanticism -- Great Britain.Ruins in art.
- Aquatints -- 1797.