The chair-maker's guide : being upwards of two hundred new and genteel designs, both decorative and plain ... / by Robert Manwaring, ... ; and others ; the whole neatly engraved on seventy-five copper plates.
- London : Printed for Robert Sayer ..., 1766.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2610 M373 1766Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T163378
Some chair designs appeared in: IId edition of genteel houshold [sic] furniture in the present taste. London, [176-?].
- Subject Terms:
- Chair design -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1766.Furniture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Furniture design -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.House furnishings -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.