Remarks on the different constructions of bridges, and improvements to secure their foundations on the different soils where they are intended to be built : which hitherto seems to have been a thing not sufficiently consider'd.
- London : Printed for the author; and sold by J. Joliffe ...; E. Comyns ...; A. Dodd ...; and B. Tovey ..., 1749.
- Physical Description:
- 15 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTG160 M37 1749Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Text signed Charles Marquand and dated 5 May 1749.
BAC: Includes head- and tail- pieces.
BAC: Label mounted on t.p.: Alexr. Hill, 50 Princes St., Edinburgh. Drawing & painting materials of first rate quality fresh every month.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 548
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.Bridges -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1749.Marquand, Charles -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Marquand, Charles, Remarks on the different constructions of bridges, and improvements to secure their foundations on the different soils where they are intended to be built , 1749
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.