A Venetian story / by Lord Byron ; with illustrations from eighteenth century copper-plate engravings selected and introduced by Eleanor M. Garvey and Philip Hofer.
- [Kentfield, Calif.] : The Allen Press, 1963.
- Physical Description:
- 39 leaves : ill. ; 35 x 51 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 38Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrated and engraved title page
The illustrations, 35 of which are full-page, are reproductions of engravings by A. Visentini after Canaletto, by M. Marieschi, and from "Il gran teatro di Venezia."
Issued in portfolio "covered in a Fortuny print of eighteenth century design."
Limited edition of 150 copies, of which 12 are hors commerce.
First published 1818 with title: Beppo, a Venetian story.
Illustrated on versos of numbered leaves 1 through 32.
BAC: British Art Center copy has two copies of three illustrations (nos. 9,18,19), without text laid in at end. Prospectus (1 folded sheet ( p.) laid in.
- Subject Terms:
- Venice (Italy) -- Description -- Views.Venice -- Views.
- Livres d'artistes.
Photomechanical prints -- 1963.
Mould-made papers (Paper) -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824, A Venetian story , 1963
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.