Marten, John, active 1822-1834, Hastings delineated , 
- Hastings delineated : six plates forming a series of views : illustrative of the principal features of the scenery of Hastings / drawn on stone by John Marten.
- London : Printed and published by Rowney and Forster, Rathbone Place, for J. Marten, Hastings, and Mr. J. Barry, Marine Library, Hastings, 
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H35 M37 1823+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H35 M37 1823+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Lithographs by John Marten.
Lithographs printed by Rowney and Forster.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 161
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper wrappers. Plate are hand-colored. Copy 2 in original brown wrappers; plates are uncolored.
- Marine Parade, Pelham Place & Castle Cliff, Hastings -- Hastings from the westward, low water -- Hastings from under the east cliff -- Hastings Castle -- Entrance to Hastings, All Saints' Church &c. -- Lovers Seat & scenery of the Govers.
- Subject Terms:
- Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.Rowney and Forster -- Publisher
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
Lithographs -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.