Hastings delineated : six plates forming a series of views : illustrative of the principal features of the scenery of Hastings / drawn on stone by John Marten.
- London : Printed and published by Rowney and Forster, Rathbone Place, for J. Marten, Hastings, and Mr. J. Barry, Marine Library, Hastings, 
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H35 M37 1823+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H35 M37 1823+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
Lithographs by John Marten.
Lithographs printed by Rowney and Forster.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 161
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper wrappers. Plate are hand-colored. Copy 2 in original brown wrappers; plates are uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.Rowney and Forster -- Publisher
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
Lithographs -- 1823.
- Marine Parade, Pelham Place & Castle Cliff, Hastings
- Hastings from the westward, low water
- Hastings from under the east cliff
- Hastings Castle
- Entrance to Hastings, All Saints' Church &c.
- Lovers Seat & scenery of the Govers.