The martial achievements of Great Britain and her allies , 1814-1815
The martial achievements of Great Britain and her allies : from 1799 to 1815.
- London : Printed for Js. Jenkins, by L. Harrison & J. C. Leigh, 1814-1815.
- Physical Description:
- viii,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 26 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 26 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Thomas Sutherland, J. Clark, Matthew Dubourg, Daniel Havell, and John Hill; after William Heath.
Title page is engraved.
Originally issued in 13 parts, 1814-1815.
Dedicated to the Duke of Wellington with his coat-of-arms in full color on the dedication page.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England, 365.
Last three pages list the names of British officers killed, wounded, and missing for June 16-18, 1815.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. 13 parts in original illustrated wrappers. List of subscribers: p. [i]-iv at end. Copy 2 is a large paper copy. Bound in gilt-tooled crimson morocco, with the royal arms of England at the center of each cover. The 51 plates are in three states: etched lines only (before letters), uncolored; completed (with aquatint), uncolored; completed, hand-colored. Armorial bookplate: Sir Andrew Noble.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1814-1815.Europe -- History -- 1789-1815.France -- History -- Consulate and First Empire, 1799-1815.Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820.Great Britain -- History, Military.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Jenkins, J. -- Publisher.Leigh, J. C. -- Printer.Military history, Modern.Noble, Andrew, Sir, 1831-1915 -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- 1814-1815
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1814-1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.