Earp, Frederick, 1827-1897, W. H. Mason's illustrations of the Devil's Dyke, (near Brighton,) , May 26th, 1846
- W. H. Mason's illustrations of the Devil's Dyke, (near Brighton,) / by Mr. F. Earp.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Illustrations of the Devil's Dyke, (near Brighton,)
- [Brighton] : Published at W.H. Mason's Repository of Arts, 81, King's Road, Brighton, May 26th, 1846.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 18 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B78 E27 1846+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by W.L. Walton; after Frederick Earp. Printed by Day & Haghe.
Another edition under the imprint of W. Grant was issued ca. 1850. Cf. Abbey.
"Part I. 1s. 6d. Plain. 3s. Coloured."--Cover title.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 70
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original printed wrappers, stitched. Cased with Abbey Scenery 71: W. Grant's illustrations of the Dyke, near Brighton.
- The Dyke House -- Fulking Edburton, &c. from the Dyke -- Poynings &c. from the Dyke -- The Devil's Dyke.
- Subject Terms:
- Brighton (England) -- Pictorial works.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Devil's Dyke -- Pictorial works.W.H. Mason's Repository of Arts -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1846.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.