Naval speculations, and maritime politicks : being a modest and brief discourse of the Royal Navy of England: of its oeconomy and government, and a projection for an everlasting seminary of seamen, by a royal maritime hospital. With a project for a royal fishery. Also necessary measures in the present war with France, &c. / by Henry Maydman.
- Additional Title(s):
Naval speculations, or, Maritime politicks
- London : Printed by William Bonny, and sold by Sam. Manship at the Black-Bull in Cornhil, and J.Fisher at the Postern between the two Tower-hills, and A. Feltham at the Parliament-Stairs, and M. Gillyflower, in Westminster-hall, 1691.
- Physical Description:
- , 348,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVA454 .M39 1691Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title: Naval speculations.
Running title: Naval speculations, or, Maritime politicks.
Frontispiece portrait of the author engraved by Frederick Hendrick van Hove.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, M1420
English short title catalogue, R30058
Catalogue of the Goldsmiths' Library of Economic Literature, 2914
Term catalogues, 1668-1709, v. 2, 361
Errata:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in Cambridge-style plain and sprinkled panelled calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Bonny, William -- Printer.England and Wales. Royal Navy -- Early works to 1800.Feltham, A. -- Bookseller.Fisher, J. -- Bookseller.Gillyflower, M. -- Bookseller.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Early works to 1800.Manship, Sam. -- Bookseller.Sailors -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1691.
YCBA Collections Search
Maydman, Henry, Naval speculations, and maritime politicks , 1691
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.