IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
A series of twenty-four views illustrative of the Holy Scriptures , [1817?]
A series of twenty-four views illustrative of the Holy Scriptures : selected from Sir Robert Ainslie's celebrated collection of drawings in Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Corinth, Ephesus, etc. / engraved and coloured by, and under the direction of J. Clarke ; with a geographical and historical account of each view.
- [London] : Printed by T. Bensley, Published by R. Bowyer, 80 Pall Mall, [1817?]
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS108.5 .S46 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 382
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Yellow embossed end-papers.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer.Bible -- Illustrations.Bowyer, R. -- Publisher.Gallichan, E. J., -- Bookplate.Palestine -- Description and travel -- Views.Palestine -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [1817?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.