Views in the Ottoman empire : chiefly in Caramania, a part of Asia Minor hitherto unexplored, with some curious selections from the islands of Rhodes and Cyprus, and the celebrated cities of Corinth, Carthage, and Tripoli / from the original drawings in the possession of Sir R. Ainslie, taken during his embassy to Constantinople by Luigi Mayer, with historical observations and incidental illustrations of the manners and customs of the natives of the country.
- Additional Title(s):
Vues dans l'Empire Ottoman, principalement dans la Caramarie ...
- London : Published by R. Bowyer, at the historic gallery, Pall Mall, 1803.
[London] : T. Bensley, printer, Bolt Court, Fleet Street
- Physical Description:
- , 40 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 46Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Originally published in six parts.
Date of publication appears after printer information.
BAC Folio A 2022 46: Plates are hand-colored. In original six parts, loose in blue sugar paper, with printed title labels black on pink.
- Subject Terms:
- Turkey -- History -- Ottoman Empire, 1288-1918.Turkey -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.