IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mecham, Clifford Henry, 1832-1865, Sketches & incidents of the siege of Lucknow , 
Sketches & incidents of the siege of Lucknow / from drawings made during the siege by Clifford Henry Mecham, Lieutenant Madras Army ; with descriptive notices by George Couper, Esq., late secretary to the chief commissioner of Oude.
- Additional Title(s):
Sketches and incidents of the siege of Lucknow
- London : Published October 1st 1858, by Day & Son, lithographers to the Queen, Gate Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields, 
- Physical Description:
-  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 57 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2022 6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Lithographs by F. Jones, R.M. Bryson, E. Walker, R.K. Thomas, and J. Needham.
BAC Folio B 2022 6: Plates are not colored. Bound in publisher's brown cloth, with gold lettered title inside stamped border design on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- India -- History -- Sepoy Rebellion, 1857-1858 -- Pictorial works.Lucknow (India) -- History -- Siege, 1857 -- Pictorial works.
- No. 1. The Baillie Guard Gateway
- no. 2. The Baillie Guard Gateway from the Nobut Khana
- no. 3. The Residency, from the Water Gate
- no. 4. Mr. Gubbins's House
- no. 5. Sanders's Post
- no. 6. Front View of the Residency
- no. 7. The Church
- no. 8. The Redan Battery
- no. 9. The Baillie Guard Battery and Hospital
- no. 10. The new Cawnpore Battery
- no. 11. The Judicial Commissioner's Kutchery
- no. 12. Rear View of the Residency from the Churchyard
- no. 13. The Seik Yard Breach
- no. 14. Interior of the Residency Billiard-room
- no. 15. The Seik Yard Battery
- no. 16. The Nobut Khana Gateway
- no. 17. The Clock-tower Gateway
- no. 18. View from the Residency Look-out Tower
- no. 19. View from the Highlanders' Post
- no. 20. Anderson's Battery
- no. 21. Havelock's Grave and the Allum Bagh Picket-house
- no. 22. Interior of the Allum Bagh
- no. 23. Jellalabad
- no. 24. The Mosque Picket
- no. 25. Listening for Miners
- no. 26. Lying in Wait
- no. 27. Sinking a Shaft
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.