Merigot, James, The amateur's portfolio, or, The new drawing magazine , 1815-1816
- The amateur's portfolio, or, The new drawing magazine : being a selection of lessons calculated to make the art of drawing easy, and founded upon the principles of geometry and practical perspective / by James Merigot.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Amateur's portfolio
New drawing magazine
- London : Printed for G. and S. Robinson, 1815-1816.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .M47 1815+ Copy 2 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .M47 1815+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Joseph Jeakes; after G.M. Brighty.
Printed by J. Bailey, 13, Rolls Building, Fetter Lane.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound, in 1 volume, in half calf with dark blue pebbled cloth. Bookplate: Alex. Cunninghame. 6 plates missing. Copy 2 bound in 2 volumes, in half calf with marbled boards. Lacks 10 plates. Autograph: Elizabeth [illegible] Gibbons.
- Subject Terms:
- Bailey, J. -- Printer.Cunninghame, Alex -- Bookplate.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815-1816.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1815-1816.G. and S. Robinson -- Publisher.Gibbons, Elizabeth -- Autograph.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1815-1816.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815-1816.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.