A select collection of views and ruins in Rome and its vicinity : recently executed from drawings made upon the spot.
- Additional Title(s):
Merigot's views in Rome, and its vicinity, from drawings made upon the spot
Views in Rome, and its vicinity, from drawings made upon the spot
Ruines de Rome.
- London : Sold by Messrs. Robinsons, Paternoster Row; Mr. White, Fleet Street; Mr. Faulder, Bond Street; and Mr Evans, Pall Mall, [1822?]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 51 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 68Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added engraved title page: Ruines de Rome.
Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Merigot's Views in Rome, and its vicinity, from drawings made upon the spot, coloured after the originals. Imperial paper. £15:15s.
Date of publication from the British Architectural Library.
Originally published in 1797 and 1799, respectively, with uncolored plates and on large paper. The first part being published by R. Edwards, Bond Street, and the second having no publisher's name on the title-page, only 'sold by'. The 62 aquatints are straight reprints of those first published in 1797-1799, with the added engraved title-page in the later state with J. Hearne's imprint. Cf. British Architectural Library.
Printed by W. Lewis, 21, Finch-land, Cornhill.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 2105
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half leather with brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Hearne, J. -- Publisher.Italy -- Pictorial works.Lewis, W. -- Printer.Rome (Italy) -- Pictorial works.Rome -- Antiquities -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Merigot, James, A select collection of views and ruins in Rome and its vicinity , [1822?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.