IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Merigot, James, Treatise on practical perspective , 1819
Treatise on practical perspective : written for the use and study of young learners and amateurs in the art of drawing and painting : with easy rulse, by which also builders, cabinet makers, upholsterers, and other proficients in mechanical invention, may represent on paper their plans and designs previous to execution : with an additional essay on architecture from The Amateur's Portfolio : dedicated by permission to the marchioness of Stafford / by J. Merigot, pupil of the Royal Academy of Paris.
- London : Printed for S. Robinson, 25, Paternoster Row, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 16, 43 p., 13 leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .M47 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Plates are dated 1814-1816, each with various subjects illustrating perspective.
Dedication dated 1816.
Printed by W. Shakell, Printer, 11, Johnson's-court, Fleet-street, London.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 154
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy in original boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Perspective -- Study and teaching.Perspective -- Technique.Robinson, S. -- Publisher.Shakell, W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.