The art of painting in oil, and in fresco : being a history of various ... by Hubert and John van Eyck, to the present time / translated from the original French treatise of M. J.F.L. Mérimée ; with original observations on the rise and progress of British art ... by W.B. Sarsfield Taylor.
- Additional Title(s):
De la peinture à l'huile. English.
- London : Whittaker & Co., 1839.
- Physical Description:
- xliv, 371,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1260 M5 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Gilbert and Riviere, Printers, St. John's Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- stamped blue publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Gilbert and Riviere -- Printer.Mural painting and decoration.Painting -- Technique.Whittaker & Co. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
YCBA Collections Search
Mérimée, J.-F.-L. (Jean-François-Léonor), 1757-1836, The art of painting in oil, and in fresco , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.