Bayly, Thomas Haynes, 1797-1839, Weeds of witchery , 1837
- Weeds of witchery / by Thomas Haynes Bayly, Esq., author of the second volume of "Flowers of Loveliness," "Perfection," "The Barrack Room," "A Gentleman in Difficulties," &c.
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4079.B39 W44 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Botanical verse. Each of twelve poems is accompanied by a humorous plate illustrating the pun in the poem.
Etchings are unsigned.
Printed by F. Shoberl, Jun, Leicester Street, Leicester Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in green publisher's cloth. Title stamped in gilt on upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann and Co. -- Publisher.Caricatures and cartoons.English wit and humor.Etching -- Specimens -- 1837.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Satire, English.Shoberl, F. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.