"All the world's a cheese!" : and all the men and women merery [sic] maggots : they have their crummy and their crusty bits : and one in his time eats much blue mould : a caseous cosmos of caricatures and characters : comic cheese parings with sketches of mites and maggots / G. A. Sala.
- London : Publd. by Chedder and Co., Rind Court, Stilton St., Neufchâtel Squ. Gloucester, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p. : ill. ; 17 cm. x 189 cm. folded to 17 cm. x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.S25 A25 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed on 1 side of a continuous strip of paper and folded to form double leaves unopened at fore-edge; the 1st leaf is mounted on verso of upper board with the rest of the leaves left loose to be unfolded.
Fictitious imprint. Sometimes attributed to Ackermann.
Illustrations by and after George Sala.
BAC: Original illustrated boards, as issued. Inscribed on upper board: Leycester. Ch: Ch: Oxford. November 18th.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Chedder and co. -- Publisher.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1851Leycester -- Autograph, November 18th.
YCBA Collections Search
Sala, George Augustus, 1828-1895, "All the world's a cheese!" , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.