Anansi company : a collection of thirteen hand-made wire and card rod-puppets animated in colour and verse / by Ronald King & Roy Fisher.
- London : Circle Press, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio (15 unbound sections) : col. ill. ; 45 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 12Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed and printed by Ronald King."--Title page verso.
"Limited to one hundred and twenty numbered copies signed by both artist & poet; in addition there are three marked H.C. and seven A.P."--Colophon.
"The seventh collaboration of artist and poet with thirteen screen printed removable wire and card puppets. Introduction and accompanying verse printed letterpress in 14 & 18 pt Walbaum. 120 copies, 10 proofs; one 8 pp section, thirteen 4 pp French-fold sections and one 4 pp section (40 x 29 cm), all loosely inserted into card wraparound and held in large colour-blocked solander box."--Cooking the books.
Text is "mainly derived from material gathered together by Walter Jekyll for his book Jamaican song and story, published in 1907."--Publisher's announcement.
"This book was silk-screened, hand stencilled and letterpressed by Ronald King at Circle Press onto Arches rag-made paper supplied by John Purcell Paper. Jessica King and Jona ... were responsible for the construction of the puppets and Nick Gardner for the assembly of the ties and pockets which hold the puppets in place. The box was designed by the artist and made up by Perstella Bookbinders ltd Wimborne. The type is Walbaum Monotype 374."--Last section ("The end")
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 175
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 100 of a limited edition of 120 copies, signed by King and Fisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Anansi (Legendary character) -- Illustrations.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Fisher, Roy, 1930- -- Autograph.King, Ronald, 1932- -- Autograph.Puppets.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
- Dry skull
- Chicken hawk.