Select views in Great Britain / engrav'd by S. Middiman ; from pictures and drawings by the most eminent artists ; with descriptions.
- [London] : Publish'd by John & Josiah Boydell, London, [1813?]
- Physical Description:
-  p., 54 leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625.M627 S45 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Middiman's engravings after paintings by George Barret, James Barret, Adam Callander, Edward Edwards, Samuel Hieronymus Grimm, Julius Ibbetson, Thomas Malton, William Marlow, C. M. Metz, William Payne, R. Phillips, Frederick Ponsonby, Cordall Powell, Thomas Smith, James Wathen, and Francis Wheatley.
Each plate is accompanied by a leaf of descriptive text, in English on the recto and in French on the verso.
"Advertisement" dated December, 1812.
The first 48 plates are dated from 1784 to 1792; the final 5 plates are dated Jan. 1, 1813.
Title page is engraved.
Upcott, W. English topography, p. xxxiv
"Index of names" and "List of subjects, where situated, and by whom painted, &c."-- pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks the "Advertisement". Letterpress is printed on paper watermarked 1818. Bound in in gilt-tooled black leather, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1813.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.John & Josiah Boydell -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Middiman, Samuel, approximately 1750-1831, Select views in Great Britain , [1813?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.