Picturesque and architectural views for cottages, farm houses, and country villas / engraved and designed by Charles Middleton.
- London : Printed for Edward Jeffrey, opposite Carlton House, Pall Mall : sold by R. Faulder, New Bond Street : and T. and J. Egerton, Whitehall, 1793.
- Physical Description:
- , 16 pages, XX,  leaves of plates (some double) : illustrations, plans ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 84Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Price 1l. 11s. 6d. plain, or 2l. 2s. coloured."--Foot of title page, preceding date of publication.
The plates are dated between August 1790 and May 1791.
Published in two parts; the blue wrappers of the first part bear a cover title beginning 'No. I. Architecture. The architect and builder's library. By Charles Middleton, ...'.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 37
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 207.1
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 2119
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in brown quarter paper with marbled boards. Plates are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Cottages -- England -- Designs and plans.Country homes -- England -- Designs and plans.Farmhouses -- England -- Designs and plans.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1793.
YCBA Collections Search
Middleton, Charles, 1756-approximately 1818, Picturesque and architectural views for cottages, farm houses, and country villas , 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.