IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Middleton, Charles, 1756-approximately 1818, Picturesque and architectural views for cottages, farm houses, and country villas , 1795
Picturesque and architectural views for cottages, farm houses, and country villas / engraved and designed by Charles Middleton, architect.
- London : Printed for the proprietor; and sold by H.D. Symonds, Pater Noster Row, 1795.
- Physical Description:
- , 16 pages, XX,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 83Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Price 1l. plain, or 1l. 11s. 6d. coloured."--Foot of title page, preceding date of publication.
"The plates are all straight reprints or reissues of those in the 1793 edition ... some copies were issued with the aquatints hand-coloured."--Archer.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 207.2
English short title catalogue, T89318
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 2120
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later (?) green quarter calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Cottages -- England -- Early works to 1800.Country homes -- England -- Early works to 1800.Farmhouses -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1795.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.