Travels in Chaldæa : including a journey from Bussorah to Bagdad, Hillah, and Babylon, performed on foot in 1827, with observations on the sites and remains of Babel, Seleucia, and Ctesiphon / by Robert Mignan.
- Additional Title(s):
Travels in Chaldea
- London, H. Colburn and R. Bentley, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 333,  p. front., illus., plates. 2 fold. maps. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS70 M63 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 367
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by Samuel Bentley, Dorset Street, Fleet Street.
Illustrations by R. Craggs; after Robert Mignan.
- Subject Terms:
- Babylon (Extinct city) -- Description and travel.Babylonia -- Description and travel.Bentley, Richard -- Publisher.Bentley, Samuel -- Printer.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Iraq -- Description and travel.Iraq -- History.Middle East -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.