The country gentleman's architect : in a great variety of new designs : for cottages, farm-houses, country-houses, villas, lodges ... and ornamental wooden gates / ... engraved on thirty-two plates : from designs drawn by J. Miller.
- London : Printed for I. and J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, 1787.
- Physical Description:
- 32 plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 P52 1790Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates 1-13 have explanations on opposite pages.
English short title catalogue, T101923
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 555
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 38
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Rural architecture / John Plaw. London, 1790.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Taylor, I. -- Publisher.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1787.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.