The country gentleman's architect : in a great variety of new designs, for cottages, farm houses, country-houses, villas, lodges for park or garden entrances, and ornamental wooden gates : with plans of the offices belonging to each design ... / by J. Miller, architect.
- London : Printed for I. and J. Taylor, 1791.
- Physical Description:
- 32 plates, 4 p. : chiefly ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 M55 1791+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English short title catalogue, 225848
Harris. E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge, 1994. 557
BAC: British Art Center copy in original marbled wrappers, as issued.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements: 4 p. at end.
Descriptive letter-press for plates 1-15.
Previously published in 1787.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1791.I. and J. Taylor (Firm) -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Miller, J. (John), architect, The country gentleman's architect , 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.