A collection of select views from the different seats of the nobility and gentry in the Kingdom of Ireland / engraved by Thomas Milton. From original drawings, by the best masters.
- Additional Title(s):
Seats of the nobility and gentry in Ireland
- [London] : [Published by J. Walter, Charing Cross, London, for the author T. Milton in Dublin], [1783-1793]
- Physical Description:
- xlvii,  p., xxiv leaves of plates : ill ; 21 x 27cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7337 .M55 1783+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7337 .M55 1783+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Issued without title page. Title taken from original prospectus.
Originally issued in 6 parts. Part no. 5 has printed cover title: Seats of the nobility and gentry in Ireland, in a collection of select views, from original drawings ...
Engraved by Thomas Milton; after John James Barralet, T. Wheatly (?), William Ashford, Francis Wheatley, William Pars, and Thomas Roberts.
Imprint from plates.
English short title catalogue, T118007
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 17, 1026
With a list of subscribers,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 includes the prospectus for the present title tipped in at front. Tipped in at the end are two printed notices from Milton describing the circumstances of the publication's cessation after part 6. Bound in dark blue gilt-tolled morocco, by Thomas Gosden; with Gosden's bookplate and his six-line note concerning the engravings and the circumstances of publication. Two publisher's advertisements tipped in at end. Copy 2 in 6 original parts (with printed wrappers for part no. 5).
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Ireland -- Early works to 1800.Clements, Henry J.B. -- Bookplate. (BACRB Copy 1)Country homes -- Ireland -- Early works to 1800.Gosden, Thomas -- Bookbinder. (BACRB Copy 1)Gosden, Thomas -- Bookplate. (BACRB Copy 1)Historic buildings -- Ireland -- Early works to 1800.Ireland -- Description and travel -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Walter, J. -- Publisher.
- Subscribers' lists.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Leinster House
- Lucan House
- The Dargle
- Belan House
- Malahide Castle
- The Scalp
- Brockley Park
- Beau Park
- Salmon Leap
- Lismore Castle
- Howth house
- Florence Court
- Glen Molaur
- Tullymore Park
- Mount Kennedy
- Glen Arm
- Shanes Castle