The principles of drawing and painting : laid down in the most easy and simple manner, according to the practice of the best masters : with a view to the instruction of youth in this useful and elegant art : with twenty-eight copperplates, after Volpato, Vandyke, Morland, &c. / engraved by Mitchell.
- Edinburgh : Printed by A. and J. Aikman, for Adam Black, no. 57, South Bridge, and J. & J. Robertson, High Street, Edinburgh, and T. Underwood, London, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 20 p., 28 leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC950 P75 1811+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Stipple engravings probably by Edward Mitchell.
Plates 27 and 28 are stipple engraved and printed in color. Plate 28 signed: P. Syme.
BAC: British Art Center copy in printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Aikman, A. and J. -- Printer.Black, A. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Imprints -- 1811.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1811.
Engravings -- 1811.
Etchings -- 1811.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1811.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.