Moll, Herman, -1732, A set of thirty six new and correct maps of Scotland divided into its shires, &c. , 
- A set of thirty six new and correct maps of Scotland divided into its shires, &c. : a work long wanted, and very useful for all gentlemen that travel to any part of that kingdom. / All, except two, composed and done by Herman Moll, geographer. ...
- London : Sold by H. Moll over-against Devereux-Court, between Temple-Bar and St. Clements-Church in the Strand ; 
Tho. Bowles, Print and Map-Seller nesar the Chapter-House in St. Paul's Church-Yard, and John Bowles, Print and Map-Seller over-against Stocks-Market, and at his Shop in Mercers-Hall, Cheapside., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( pages, 36 plates) ; 23 x 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAtlas 12Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ.
- Relief shown pictorially.
Title page continues with listing of the 36 maps.
Two states of the atlas are known, one where the map of "Bamf and Aberdeen" is numbered "26" in error (L.C.3428) and a later one where it is corrected to "25" (EMS.b.2.170).
A later edition of the atlas was issued in 1745 under the title "Scotland delineated; or, thirty six new and correct maps of North Britain ..."
On verso of title page is note "As in the performance of these maps, we have made use of Gordonius a Straloch, Tim. Pont, John Adair, late Geographer for Scotland, who surveyed the coast, &c. ..."
Title page is followed by 1 p. of text "Of Scotland in general by John Adair, late geographer for that Kingdom."
Maps catalogued separately.
Label and book stamp: Carnegie Public Library, Ayr.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases, British.Atlases, British.Scotland -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Scotland.
- Early works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.