IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Moll, Herman, -1732, A set of thirty six new and correct maps of Scotland divided into its shires, &c. , 
A set of thirty six new and correct maps of Scotland divided into its shires, &c. : a work long wanted, and very useful for all gentlemen that travel to any part of that kingdom / all, except two, composed and done by Herman Moll, geographer ...
- London : Sold by H. Moll over-against Devereux-Court, between Temple-Bar and St. Clements-Church in the Strand, Tho. Bowles, print and map-seller near the Chapter-House in St. Paul's Church-Yard, and John Bowles, print and map-seller over-against Stocks-Market, and at his Shop in Mercers-Hall, Cheapside, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( pages,  leaves of plates) ; 23 x 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2023 7Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ.
- Relief shown pictorially.
Title page continues with listing of the 36 maps.
Two states of the atlas are known, one where the map of "Bamf and Aberdeen" is numbered "26" in error (L.C.3428) and a later one where it is corrected to "25" (EMS.b.2.170).
A later edition of the atlas was issued in 1745 under the title "Scotland delineated; or, thirty six new and correct maps of North Britain ..."
On verso of title page is note "As in the performance of these maps, we have made use of Gordonius a Straloch, Tim. Pont, John Adair, late Geographer for Scotland, who surveyed the coast, &c. ..."
Title leaf is followed by 1 page of text: "Of Scotland in general by John Adair, late geographer for that Kingdom."
Date of publication from Chubb.
Hodson, D. County atlases of the British Isles published after 1703, 179
Chubb, T. Printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland, pages 374-376
BAC Folio A 2023 7: Previously owned by William Stukeley. Bound with Stukeley's copy of: Moll, Herman. set of fifty new and correct maps of England and Wales, &c. (1724).
- Subject Terms:
- Stukeley, William, d 1687-1765 -- Ownership.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.